This course is for divers working towards their Rescue Diver Certification. It covers basic training for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and emergency care
PADI Open Water Course
Improve Your Diving Skills
Price Includes: All dives off Coki Beach, equipment, dive manual and registration
Duration: 3 to 4 Days, 4 to 6 Hours each day
Ages: 10 and Up (Note: 10-14 years old divers earn a Junior Open Water Diver certification)
- From :
- $ 450
The PADI Open Water Certification is the first level that enables you to rent gear and dive with a buddy without the supervision of a PADI dive professional.
The following is a short synopsis of the Open Water course. The course is performance based, so the length of sessions can vary. Call or email us with any question.
- This session lasts 4-6 hours
- The first session is the Discover Scuba Dive
- This dive is also Open Water Dive #1 of the PADI Open Water course – maximum allowable depth of 40 feet.
- 10-minute float
- Learn to assemble and dissemble scuba gear
- Confined water skills session, covered in Modules 1-3 of the PADI Open Water DVD
- This session lasts 4-6 hours
- Academic session: Knowledge reviews and Quizzes for chapters 1-3 (covers information for Open Water dive 2)
- Assemble and dissemble scuba gear
- Open Water Dive # 2 (demonstration of diving skills learned in confined water session combined with a fun dive)
- This session lasts approximately 6 hours
- Before coming to class read chapters 4 & 5, fill out knowledge review questions
- Review knowledge review questions for chapters 4 & 5 with the instructor
- Take Quiz 4 & Final Exam consisting of 50 multiple choice questions
- Assemble and dissemble scuba gear, review skills for Open Water Dive # 3 & 4 and conduct Open Water Dives # 3 & 4
Ask us to mail your dive manual and DVD ahead of time or sign up to complete the academic portion online, so you don’t have to study during your vacation.
For safety purposes please make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Divers need a basic comfort level in the water
- Divers need a basic comprehension of English
- A medical Clearance and Liability release must be filled out on your arrival before your dive. Please click here to view the Medical Questionnaire.
- You must bring a written release from your doctor if you answer YES to any of the questions on the Medical Clearance and Liability form
- A parent or guardian must sign for anyone under 18 years old
- REMEMBER YOU CAN’T DIVE AND THEN FLY. Please keep this in mind when you are scheduling your dive.
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to E-mail or call 340-775-4220.
In our efforts to provide you the best experience for your diving adventure, please let us know if you have special needs for assistance with mobility (wheelchair/ramp access), accommodations for other impairments such as hearing or seeing difficulties or for any other special needs. We will do our best to accommodate you in as safe and convenient a manner as possible. Diver safety and enjoyment are important to Coki Dive Center.