This course enables you to dive with a buddy without the supervision of a PADI dive professional and rent gear.
Price Includes: All dives off Coki Beach, equipment, dive manual and registration
Duration: 2 to 3 Days, 4 to 6 Hours each day
Ages: 10 and Up (Note: 10-14 years old divers earn a Junior Open Water Diver certification)
With this certification, you are permitted to dive to a depth of 40 feet under the direct supervision of a PADI Dive Professional.
On your next dive vacation, you don’t have to take a Discover Scuba Diving class again.
The Scuba Diver Course is a wonderful opportunity to explore the underwater world with the comfort and safety of having an experienced guide with you. The course is designed for people that don’t have the time to complete the full Open Water certification course but still want to take advantage of diving opportunities while on vacation.
The knowledge and skills you learn in the Scuba Diver training represent 2/3 of the Open Water Certification, which can be completed at a later date when you find the time.
For this course, we feature small groups and personal service. All training dives are done at Coki Beach, including the confined water portion, which is much better than using a pool!
The following is a short synopsis of the Scuba Diving Course. The course is performance based, so the length of sessions can vary. Call or email us with any question.
- This session lasts 4-6 hours
- 10-minute float
- Learn to assemble and dissemble scuba gear
- The first dive is followed by confined water skills session, covered in Modules 1-3 of the PADI Open Water DVD
- This session lasts 4-6 hours
- Academic session: Knowledge reviews and Quizzes for chapters 1-3 (covers information for Open Water dive 2)
- Assemble and dissemble scuba gear
- Open Water Dive # 2 (demonstration of diving skills learned in confined water session combined with a fun dive)
Upon completion of the course, we will take your picture, issue a temporary card, send your registration form for your permanent card to PADI.
Ask us to mail your dive manual and DVD ahead of time or sign up to complete the academic portion online, so you don’t have to study during your vacation.
For safety purposes please make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Divers need a basic comfort level in the water
- Divers need a basic comprehension of English
- A medical Clearance and Liability release must be filled out on your arrival before your dive. Please click here to view the Medical Questionnaire.
- You must bring a written release from your doctor if you answer YES to any of the questions on the Medical Clearance and Liability form
- A parent or guardian must sign for anyone under 18 years old
- REMEMBER YOU CAN’T DIVE AND THEN FLY. Please keep this in mind when you are scheduling your dive.
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to E-mail or call 340-775-4220.
In our efforts to provide you the best experience for your diving adventure, please let us know if you have special needs for assistance with mobility (wheelchair/ramp access), accommodations for other impairments such as hearing or seeing difficulties or for any other special needs. We will do our best to accommodate you in as safe and convenient a manner as possible. Diver safety and enjoyment are important to Coki Dive Center.